| MARCH 19, 2011 | SHOW #612
•Talk like a deer!
•Avoid detection by big bucks
•Meet Dan and the Queen Honey Bee at The Ultimate Man Zone Expo March 18 & 19
•Jeff makes the USA Ice Team !!
RESULTS FOR POLL s611
Do you favor changing the minimum size limit from 15 inches to 18 inches and the daily bag limit from 5 fish to 3 fish for walleye, sauger and hybrids in 19 southern Wisconsin counties and other waters?
YES 100% | NO 0% | MAYBE 0% | UNDECIDED 0% | OTHER 0%
IMPRESSIONS: 163 | RESPONSES: 1| COMMENTS: 0
INSTANT SURVEY VOTE ON – POLL s612Do you favor extending the archery deer hunting season to include the nine days that are concurrent with the traditional November firearm season?
BACKGROUND: Question 28 in the 2011 Spring Fish & Wildlife Hearings Questionnaire: Eliminate the archery deer hunting season closure during the traditional firearm season.
Today, firearm and archery deer seasons run concurrently in metro units, the CWD Management Zone and statewide during the ten-day muzzleloader-only, four-day December antlerless-only and four-day October herd-control seasons.
Few, if any, problems have been identified. Extending the archery deer season by nine days would increase archery hunting opportunities for people who prefer to hunt with a bow, have filled their firearm carcass tags, or who hunt in areas where firearms discharge is prohibited. Archers would still be required to wear blaze orange during firearm deer seasons.
This change would take place in 2012. Read more here …
|FISHING CONTESTS: Find them ALL online @ American Fishing Contests
RUFFED GROUSE SOCIETY BANQUETS & EVENTS: Online Info:
- March 18-20: Circle M Auctions 10th Annual Whitetail Classic, Grand River Center, Dubuque, IA. Shed antlers, full racks, taxidermy mounts, guns, sporting goods, guided hunts, big boy toys and more. Huge three-day event. Vendors welcome. CONTACT: Steve Morehead, 563-652-9780 ONLINE INFO
- March 18-19: Ultimate Man Zone Expo, Center Court Sports Complex, 815 Northview Rd., Waukesha, WI. Sports competitions, beer & food tasting, vendor exhibits of boy toys, hunting gear and more. Live concerts: Pat McCurdy Fri. night; The Crest Sat.night. ONLINE INFO. Meet Dan and the Fish & Game Gourmet Honey “Queen Honey Bee.”
- March 19: Wisconsin Council of Sportfishing Organizations Spring Meeting, Gander Mountain in Franklin, WCSFO membership is not required to attend. ONLINE INFO: CONTACT: John Durben, firstname.lastname@example.org / 715-745-2248
- March 19: Sportsman Expo & Dinner, Calvary Baptist Church, Watertown. 1-7 p.m. Dinner served at 5:30 p.m. Seminars, vendors, DNR laser gallery, keynote by Ross Crowe. CONTACT: 920-261-7237 ONLINE INFO
- March 20, 22 & 27: Fly tying class, Riveredge Nature Center, Newburg. Cost $45 for members, $55 for non-members. Bring tools and thread. Instructor will supply the rest. Pre-registration is required. Contact: 800-287-8098
- March 26: Wild Game Feast, Kenosha Bible Church. Door prizes, silent auction. Contact: 262-652-4507 ONLINE INFO
- March 27: Sportsmen’s Expo, Fox River Christian Church Sportsmen’s Ministry, 2-7 p.m. Ironman competition, outdoor products, raffles, barbecue chicken dinner CONTACT: Jim Caughey email@example.com
- March 30: Milwaukee Chapter Ducks Unlimited Banquet, Wisconsin Club, 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $125. ONLINE INFO: CONTACT: Scott Anderson 262-786-1416
- March 31: Washington County Chapter of Walleyes for Tomorrow Banquet, Washington County Fairgrounds 5 p.m. Tickets $75, which includes dinner, membership and newsletter. ONLINE INFO: CONTACT: eMail John Gonnering / 262-675-2681
- Apr. 15-17: Prairie Chicken Festival, Buena Vista Festival Grounds, Wisconsin Rapids. ONLINE INFO CONTACT: Golden Sands Resource Conservation & Development Council, 715-343-6215
- Apr. 16: 27th Annual Kids’ Fishing Clinics, Milwaukee, Racine, Washington & Waukesha County parks. Clinics begin hourly from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Free instruction, equipment loan for kids 15 and under. CONTACT: Matt Coffaro, 414-263-8614 or 414-263-8494.
WISCONSIN HUNTING & FISHING SEASONS
- March 21: Leftover spring turkey permits go on sale
- March 26: Steelhead season opens on Brule River
- March 31: 2010-2011 hunting and fishing licenses expire
- April 9-10: Youth Turkey Hunt statewide
- April 13: First five-day spring turkey season opens
- April 30: Yellow perch season closes on Lake Michigan
- May 7: General inland fishing season opens
Learn to hunt deer program scheduled at Buckhorn State Park
NECEDAH, Wis. – Novice hunters can apply to participate in a learn to hunt deer workshop and then attend a special deer hunt this fall at Buckhorn State Park. The Buckhorn Learn to Hunt Deer Program is open for both youth at least 10 years old by Nov. 5 and adults who have not purchased a deer gun hunting license in 2010 or previous years.
Participants must attend the learn to hunt workshop on either Sept. 10 or 11, and then may return to the park for a two-day hunt Nov. 5 and 6 to help participants learn deer hunting techniques.
“We’re trying to give novice hunters a quality experience where they can have a chance at actually harvesting an animal and learn to do it safely,” said Joe Stecker-Kochanski, superintendent of Buckhorn State Park.
The application deadline is July 15.
Read more here
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Joe Stecker-Kochanski (608) 565-2789